Accessibility in gaming has quickly become a hot topic in recent years, with marketing teams playing a crucial role in making sure that players of all abilities feel welcome in our communities. Getting accessibility right can seem like an insurmountable task and it can be overwhelming knowing where to even start. If you’re feeling a little lost, we got you.
Introducing minimap – short, bite-sized workshops to help you find your way to creating accessible content.
We’ll guide you in navigating the world of accessibility and making sure that you’re equipped with everything that you need on your quest.
Stacey is an experienced workshop leader and game accessibility professional with 10 years of social media experience as an online personality and community leader. A disabled gamer, they bring an understanding of the barriers that many face when trying to engage with content and a wealth of experience in making marketing accessible to the widest audience possible.
Stacey is a Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (IAAP), Certified Accessible Player Experiences Practitioner (AbleGamers), with a qualification in Creating Accessible Interfaces from the University of the Arts London and a degree in Mathematics and Statistics.
Accessible Community Management
This workshop will show how to ensure your content, social media, and forums are accessible to and inclusive of all members of your community. From accessible memes to inclusive PR and marketing, you will come away with everything you need to ensure no one is alienated by your great content.
- What is accessible community management and why does it matter?
- How might people interact with your content?
- Clear writing and inclusive language
- Writing functional alt text and where to find it on all major platforms
- Subtitles and captions
- How to avoid seizure triggers in videos and GIFs
- How to make accessible memes
- And a checklist of things to ensure you’ve done before posting
Content can also be customised according to your needs.
- Virtual – Zoom preferred (as English captions are available)
- Presentation should run for around an hour with 30 mins for Q&A
- £150pp (discounts available for large groups)
Previously known as the Can I Play That? Accessible Community Management workshop, delivered with Courtney Craven.
Book a workshop using the contact form below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org